Combine your Laser e-portfolio with our online learning resources and give your learners access to their entire learning journey in one place, including access to professional online learning resources and extended learning.
The Laser gives learners access to their learning 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. They can upload work instantly for their assessor to assess, and as their work is deemed as competent they can watch their percentage increase immediately.
Learners can access and review their workplans at any time, and their time on the Laser is tracked, so trainers know when a learner has downloaded a workplan. If learners have questions or need support, they can send their trainer a Laser Mail which also means all communication between trainer and learner is recorded for auditing purposes.
The Library section of the Laser allows administrators to upload your approved learning resources and documents to be downloaded by whoever may need them from one place.
Additionally, those making use of our learning resources are providing even more support for learners, giving them engaging lessons to cover each learning outcome of their course, as well as professionally filmed good practice examples and tutorials.
Workplace managers receive their own secure login to track learner progress, communicate with assessors as necessary and electronically sign-off both progress reviews and satisfaction surveys. This can be done at a time which fits with their schedule and suits them.
This doesn’t replace contact with the assessor or involvement in the learner’s qualification outside the Laser, but is designed to include the manager further allowing them to fully support learners, while also giving them a clear picture of the time and effort a learner is putting into their studies.
Teaching and Assessment
The team behind the creation of the Laser includes professionals who have years of experience as auditors, teachers, assessors and IQAs – some of whom continue to assess and IQA today. Their input into the design and function of the Laser means a trainer’s user experience is both simple and intuitive.
Laser features have been designed to make the assessment and communication process time-efficient and straightforward, as well as fully audit-compliant:
- Access learner documentation including start-up paperwork and initial assessment online
- Complete progress reviews online and instantly see when learner and manager/mentor have signed-off their contribution
- Upload evidence holistically to multiple criteria at the click of a button
- Accept different forms of evidence, from written evidence to audio or video
- Upload workplans and know when the learner has viewed their plan
- View each learner’s percentage complete
- Code learners Red, Amber, or Green (RAG) to see their status at a glance
- Create reports on all learners or groups of learners to track progression, conduct a gap analysis, and ensure learners complete within funded time
- Track all communication using Laser Mail and ILP log
- Use our app to keep up-to-date when you’re on the go
“Learner tracking is spot on and I think learners respect that they are tracked regularly in a supportive way. I provide this as a monthly report for the learner’s management.”
– Lynne, British Orchard Nursery