The Laser e-portfolio is the choice of colleges, training providers, and businesses across the UK and internationally.
Created by UK Education Professionals
The Laser has been designed by teaching and learning professionals to deliver the best learning experience for learners, and assessment experience for assessors, IQAs, and administrators.
Our e-portfolio has been designed for learners of all ages and abilities, and we’ve given careful consideration to the fact that everyone learns differently and some people have additional needs or require additional support.
It was important to us that the Laser was easy to use for everyone, whether you’re a learner with a lot of computer skills, or an assessor who has never used an e-portfolio before. Our system is logical and easy to navigate, with clear notifications and easy communication between learner and assessor.
“Really appreciate the quick response I receive and the positive and helpful attitude from all of the Laser staff. Nothing is too much trouble, thank you so much.”
– Lynne, British Orchard Nursery
First and foremost, the Laser is designed to be user friendly, intuitive, and simple.
How do we achieve this?
- Large, clear icons
- Your establishment logo on your Laser so learners and staff know they are in the right place
- Easy navigation from home page to all other parts of the Laser
- Obvious percentage increase when work is completed to encourage learners
- RAG (red, amber, green) coding system so learners and trainers know whether they are on track
- Easily upload work with emphasis on holistic uploading and assessment
- Communicate through Laser Mail and track all communication via the Laser for audit purposes
“I felt the course was amazing, the Laser portfolio and the way you could access the work was excellent. Often my work was being marked as I was working on it. The reason I have achieved so much so quickly is because I have enjoyed the course so much.”
– Cathy Bruin, Learner
“The staff are very supportive, responsive, and accommodating to needs of learners, assessors and other stakeholders of Educare training centre.”
– Educare Training Centre