New Lessons in 2018
The content team has been working hard to add new short courses and qualifications with lessons to the laser this year. In total, we added 15 new short courses and 17 new qualifications.
- The new CACHE STL suite, which has increased in size and the scope has changed to include learners providing support in colleges. It has also been updated to include radicalisation, mental health, and e-safety.
- L1 Certificate in Well-being, which encourages learners to make healthy lifestyle choices and support others to do the same. Find out more by watching our webinar on areas of well-being.
- L3 Award for Special Educational Needs Coordinators in Early Years Settings, which covers the role and responsibilities of the SENCo, strategies and techniques for supporting children and their families (including the local offer, EHC plans, and the graduated approach), principles, guidance and legislation underpinning practice for children with SEND in early years settings, and English as an Additional Language (EAL)
- L5 Diploma in Education and Training, which prepares trainee teachers to teach in a wide range of contexts. The qualification covers planning and developing schemes of work, delivering learning sessions, developing teaching and learning strategies, and assessment practices. Find out more by watching a webinar presented by Laser and NCFE.
- Teaching Assistant bundle, a new bundle of short courses perfect for learning support practitioners who work with students of all ages to ensure individual needs are met. The bundle covers developing English and Maths skills, promoting positive behaviour, working in partnership on Assessment for Learning, and contributing to learning activities.
When writing lessons for qualifications, we add lessons for all mandatory units and make sure there are enough optional units to achieve the minimum credits, with a handful more for choice and variety.
Feel free to get in contact with us if you would like to chat about the new courses or want any added to your Laser.
Award Nominations and Endorsement
In 2018 Laser Short Courses were finalists in the NMT Nursery Awards and Teach Early Years Awards.
We are so proud of the reception our short courses continue to receive and we have many more to be written and produced in 2019.
This year we also secured endorsement from Skills for Care for our health and social care short courses and care certificate. We continue to work closely with NCFE CACHE to delivered endorsed learning resources for full UK qualifications as well endorsed learning programmes as part of our Laser Short Courses.
Help Videos and Webinars
Our team have spent time this year creating further help videos and webinars for our YouTube channel in order to provide additional support for those who need guidance around using the Laser as well as guidance on IQA and assessment topics.
If you would like to suggest any further topics for help videos in the future please don’t hesitate to let us know.
We’re delighted to say that the Laser continues to be the choice for e-portfolio and learning resources for clients around the world.
Vivette has been in high demand to support clients, new CACHE centres, and IQAs and assessors across the UAE and Asia, and was a guest speaker on the specialist educator panel at the CIIE launch and education retreat on the QE2 in Dubai back in October.
All of us continue to be inspired by each centre’s enthusiasm and passion when it comes to providing the best possible training for their staff from entry level to management.
What’s Happening in 2019?
In January, we will be attending the NMT Agenda (South) in Basingstoke to meet with nursery managers from across the UK.
We will also be guests to support Professor Pat Preedy, Kay Sanderson, and Sir Christopher Ball at the launch of their new book Early Childhood Education Redefined.
In February, Vivette will be back in Dubai to exhibit at the GESS exhibition alongside NCFE CACHE. If you would like to book some time with Vivette while she is in Dubai, please get in touch.
We have had another wonderful year with some notable achievements, and we would once again like to take this opportunity to thank you for being a part of our success.
Wishing you all a peaceful break if you are closing down for the Christmas period and a fantastic start to 2019.